Monday 28 March 2016

[TRANS] SINGLES APRIL ‘16. NICHKHUN INTERVIEW

Every year around 60 idol groups make their début. How many of them would become successful? They get their chance to début usually after 2 to 4 years, 10 years of training at the most, but the majority of them disappear without even having stood on a proper stage.
 

2PM made their debut in 2008. It’s their 9th year already. If we were to make rough calculations, over that time around 500 idols groups should have formed and disbanded. But 2PM is still going. Of course, there were things they have lost over seven years and a half. They were given the name “2PM” that meant “the hottest time of the day,” but, unfortunately, the heat is not as intense as before. The reason is simple. The 8-year-old 2PM is a lot more thorough than before in preparing their comeback. It’s not only 2PM; they can’t go into individual activities carelessly. They can’t help but reduce the amount of time all six members stand on stage. It’s not like the 2 o’clock in the afternoon has passed, but the fans might feel disappointed.

At this time, let’s look at Nichkhun’s debut days once again. In variety shows, contrary to the other members of the “beastly idol” group 2PM, he would only fill the screen with his pretty smile.
“First, I appeared on Yashim-manman. For almost 6 months I could barely say a word.”

 
Later on, he appeared on Star King, and it was similar. Sitting among other panel members, he would continuously fill up the screen only with his beautiful smile.  He would only sometimes use his body as he appeared on stage.
“It was hard to understand what people were talking about, so I just sat still.”

  
On Infinite Challenge, he also showed off his physical prowess acquiring the “Rice cake Khun” nickname by doing well in wrestling and other matches. However, in “We Got Married,” Nichkhun could fully showcase his charm. White and regular teeth, the eyes that shrink into crescents. His smile would make any observer feel good and, coupled with his friendly demeanor that is different from patriarchal Korean men, it was the reason he received so much love. Awkward Korean skills were no longer a problem. Boy-like charms made everyone think he was “the kindest man in the world.” On top of that, Nichkhun is really kind in real life. The people who work with him always mention his “kind actions.” They say he’s the person who thinks of others first. Actually, even today Nichkhun stood up and cleaned the chair and then pulled out the drinks from a bag. It’s not something you would see every day from a celebrity who’s been in the business for over 9 years. So I asked Nichkhun as I watched him:
“Are you as kind as you seem?”
He just threw back his head and gave a big laugh.
“I do look kind, don’t I?” suddenly, his familiar face you thought you knew so well shone in a slightly different fashion.
“I’m already 29 years old. (Nichkhun spoke counting his age in the Korean way!) But it’s boring if a person who’s almost thirty is only kind.”
e knows how much of a fool you look if you only answer “yes, yes” to everything.
“I definitely say it if I don’t like something. Some people might feel offended if I act this way, right?” He was rather silent in his early debut days not only because he wasn’t fluent in Korean. He’s not a person who talks a lot about himself.
“It takes time to understand each other well.” Nichkhun’s the type who opens his heart little by little. Even if you might be frustrated at first, thinking “This man is nothing special,” eventually he makes you like him. That’s the typical bad guy. But this bad boy nature doesn’t extend into love life.
“I show everything to the woman I like! Hahaha.” Nichkhun is a man who can honestly show his weak moments. He thinks this is the definition of “manliness.”
Nichkhun’s not the man to wrap himself in decent words. He’s not used to fabricating himself. He’s also not interested in fashion. Sports? He’s not doing it just to make a body that is nice to look at.
“I like running and breaking sweat with others.” Usually, the men who like sports are like that. As expected, he has a strong desire to win. However, when Nichkhun loses a game, instead of blaming others, he thinks “I should’ve done better.” He has perfectionist tendencies.
Lately, he’s been into golf that is a very appropriate sport for Nichkhun.
“When I hold the golf club, I forget everything else, and I concentrate on a game against myself.” His thoughts also have changed a lot while playing golf. “No matter what happens, I can’t control everything until the result comes out. So I decided to focus on the things I want to do, the things I like.”
Lately, Nichkhun’s absorbed in spending time on his own. When he practices his swing hundreds of times in the practice area, when he draws on his iPad, and when he drinks wine while listening to Frank Sinatra’s or Michael Buble’s jazz songs at home. Nichkhun is used to spending his time alone. That’s because he’s been solving everything on his own ever since he left to study in New Zealand when he was 12 years old.
“I had to find my own answers to my mistakes. I learned a lot through such process.”
When he first came to Korea, he was alone once again, but it wasn’t hard to adapt because he had the know-how accumulated during his stay in New Zealand and the United States.
“You can adapt quickly if you think “this is my home.” When I had time, I used to walk around diligently, looking for good restaurants, watching the movies I wanted to watch, buying CDs, and so on. When you do something like this, you naturally get used to it.” Suddenly Nichkhun gives a sly smile. “Would I be as innocent as I look when I’m like this?”
9 years ago they called 2PM “beastly idols.” They had aggressive dance moves, and their muscular arms would tear their shirt sleeves apart. There were moments to reveal your firm chest, too.
“There were times when I thought this was the only way to look manly. Now it’s not like that.” Now, as 2PM have aged, they naturally became mature men. And they know what to do to look manly. What is a real man to Nichkhun?


“A person is admirable when he enjoys the job he likes.” Here Nichkhun mentioned one the 2PM members, Junho. “Junho couldn’t get much of spotlight in the early days, but he didn’t get disappointed. He silently kept on doing his job. And now he’s the busiest member with 2PM, solo, and acting activities. Even though it’s hard, I often get inspired when I see him work with a bright smile on his face.”
As expected, Nichkhun is preparing for the next stage in idol career. Acting activities in Korea. “I must’ve been active in Korea for too long. There are people who don’t know I’m Thai.” Nickhun said smiling. If you are not good at Korean, the number of roles you can play is limited. He knows that well. “I am interested in acting, but I’m not too ambitious about the role. Right now I’d like to meet a character who fits me well. A light role or a funny person would be good, too. I can try cool characters like Won Bin’s in the movie “Ajusshi” sometime later. I think that my time will come if I try hard!” Considering that Nichkhun himself says he’s a perfectionist and an “impersonation of competition,” his level of “effort” must be quite different.
The things you see aren’t everything. The same can be said about 2PM’s activities. They might be seldom active in Korea, but they are still very busy going back and forth in China, Japan, Southeast Asia, and so on. Whenever they have time, the six members immerse themselves into variety, acting, and individual solo activities. The same applies to Nichkhun.
He is active in Korea, Japan, China, Thailand, and other countries as actor, variety star, and a 2PM member. Suddenly, I wonder which time of the day Nichkhun would ascribe to himself.
“Morning is the best for something hot,” Nichkhun answers smiling. “The moment I wake up, I think of everything I have to do today. Then I image what might happen today. It’s the most exciting and fluttering time of the day. I hurry to bake pancakes and prepare for the afternoon schedule.”
Probably, his clock will be pointing at the next morning, having quickly passed over 2 o’clock in the afternoon. Now Nichkhun is morning-hot. A hot guy, now and forever.
source :http://egle0702.tumblr.com/post/141774984795/trans-singles-april-16-nichkhun-interview; https://www.facebook.com/We-Love-2PM; google image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please give your comments

[TRANS] Esquire - Chansung of 2PM Interview ( June 2017)

Man at His Best Thoughts, Words, Dreams, and Chansung Chansung thinks. And speaks accordingly. And now I have a dream, Chansung says. ...