Wednesday 3 August 2016

[TRANS] Chic Teen Magazine Aug 2016 – Nichkhun’s Cover Story Interview



Prologue
In life, you barely see such a perfect human being: he has a face that can warm your heart, he has a body like a carefully crafted sculpture, he can play music that gently flows into your body or he can dance with moves that take your breath away. Knowing Thai, English, Korean and Japanese, he can talk with you softly in any of those languages. A warm feel of purity, an elegant sense of maturity - this will make you fall into the unique charisma that belongs only to Nichkhun.

 

PRINCE COMING OUT OF A FAIRY TALE
Nichkhun is much thinner in person than he looks on TV, but you can’t help noticing the muscles under his shirt. A body like his reminds people of those charming main characters from Japanese comic books. When he is serious, twinkling stars appear in his eyes; when he smiles, they bend like a crescent. Every time he finishes one question, he looks earnestly at the camera, as my colleague says, “he has the lovingly eye contact coming from a romance drama.”

You can easily connect Nichkhun to summer beaches, spring blossoms, sunshine through the leaves and your favorite beige cardigan in the fall. If he used to be the hottest summer, now he is turning into the warmest autumn. Many people have said, “If The Little Prince could grow up, he would probably become someone like Nichkhun.” Curly hair, clear round eyes, boyish face, slim outfit, sure, he might be The Little Prince. But why The Little Prince? Only because of the baby face? Definitely Not!

The most impressive moment is when he played the piano. Under the spotlight he sat in front of the piano, fingers dance, musical notes flowing slowly, forming this magical aura around his smile, gentle and passionate face. At that moment, all those fancy words like “Prince Charming”, “Romantic”, “Fantasy”, “Happiness” bumped out of your mind. He could be any Disney Prince living in the real world. It is totally understandable that people called him a prince. After doing some research and our conversation with him, I think his nickname “The Little Prince” has become more visual to us.

He has an innocent face and an innocent heart like The Little Prince. We can see all kinds of cute faces from him. His famous “eyebrow wave” can amaze you at the same time touch the softest and brightest corners of your heart. If a person can bring warmth and encouragement to people around him, then he is precious indeed; If a person can give his love and care to more people, and even drive people around him to join his action of sharing love, then he is definitely a great person. As a Korean idol with both perfect appearance and great talent, Nichkhun receives lots of gifts from his fans every birthday. As Friends of UNICEF for Thailand, he participated in the “Donate for your birthday” project, encouraged his fans to donate instead of giving him presents, and do wonderful things together. “If you give a gift, then that’s only for myself; If you make a donation, we are doing charity together. This is a much better choice.” He may sometimes make cute faces or have childish actions, but he is very serious when he talks about charity, like your teacher from elementary school who taught you moral education. 
“There are always more unfortunate people in the world. The most we can do for them is to show our kindness. By doing donations or charity work or community services or whatever it is, you are showing the world hope for kindness.”

Like The Little Prince caring about his beloved rose, Nichkhun cares about all the world’s little flowers – Children. Not only does Nichkhun still maintain the purity and kindness as the Little Prince, he also gradually matures as a warm and loving man. 



A SHOULDER YOU CAN LEAN ON

You might be entranced by Nich-cutie’s gentleness right now, but he will definitely show you his strength through his actions. Nichkhun who smiles like he has nothing in this world to fight over, is unexpectedly very competitive. In many variety shows, he is the savior, the ACE who is always rescuing his team from countless crisis. He has natural talents in sports, and a body that is shaped with beautiful but powerful lines.

As an idol, there are many requirements on your physique; you can’t be too slim, nor too plump. He said, “being thin during debut” was an emotional barrier for him. “Having a strong body was my dream.” He has never given up on sports and body management, of course, naturally being thin means he doesn’t need to diet on purpose. “I don’t need to control my weight (from rising), instead I have to find ways to increase it.” When his members are on a diet preparing for comebacks, he may have to eat as much as 6 meals a day to gain weight. People who are pure are more serious, no matter if it’s about charity work, or his job, he has shown more determination and maturity than others. It is common for Nichkhun to fly to different places when he has to perform for concerts, and for various promotions. Leaving home at the age of 12 to study in New Zealand, he seldom has time to spend with his family, then subconsciously, he has become powerful enough, that he can lend his shoulders for his family to lean on. He now would call his parents and siblings every week in between a tight schedule, “We have a family chat group called ‘fantastic 4’, because there are four of us children. We would casually talk about interesting things, and that’s how I stay in contact with my family. I like to travel with my family, mostly with my siblings, we usually travel somewhere every year. Ever since I started to earn money, I have enjoyed travelling with my parents and siblings. I would buy flight tickets for my sisters, pay for hotels, buy food, buy things they like…Doing all this really satisfies me. As an elder brother, doing things like this for my younger sisters makes me really happy and proud of myself. We have always kept in close touch, every time I go back to Thailand, my family would visit me at the hotel, we would chat, play around, then fall asleep together.” As he was talking about his family and sisters, Nichkhun’s facial expressions were warm enough to melt everything around him.

“What would you pick as a superpower?”

He then went into deep thought, “I guess I wanna do everything really fast, I want to become Superman, become strong, then I could help myself and others do many things.” His face turned boyish as he said that, “then I don’t have to fly on planes, I could fly on my own, flying by plane is really tiring.”


NEVERLAND IN HIS HEART

“If I had a long vacation, I want to go to Mykonos Island in Greece. It’s peaceful and quiet, and not a lot of tourists are there. I have had very fond memories there, and I wish I have the chance to go back there again, but I really don’t have enough time to go travelling.”

Nichkhun once said that his dream lifestyle would be just sitting on the beach with nothing on his mind. Just like Peter Pan’s Neverland, and Little Prince’s planet, that is a belief he keeps in his heart. If the Little Prince from the story could grow up, he definitely would not need to be rescued by the girl like in the movie, that’s because he has his faith and belief which he guards in his heart, and a “rose” that he needs to protect by his side, he will definitely grow up to be a loving and warm person.

Even though Nichkhun also dreams of travelling to beautiful and solitude islands, the expectations of his fans remind him of his responsibilities. “I have to challenge my limits, become a great performer, then I will be able to enjoy the stage and discover a different side of myself.” As for the idea of activities in China, he seems very excited about them. “I hope I get to join reality shows like ‘Running Man’ in China, I have joined the Korean ‘Running Man’ team for approximately 11 times, so I wish I also get the chance to join the Chinese Running Man team. There are also many other interesting reality shows in China, I really hope you can give me a call and invite me to join, I really want to come!” Perhaps for many of the Chinese fans that have been waiting for him, Nichkhun wants greet them with a more realistic side of himself.

Speaking of the moment, Nichkhun has supportive fans beside him, he has his loving family and 2PM members, he has enough strength to face any challenge that could come his way. “By figuring out who you are, to make you stronger mentally and physically, I start by asking myself who I am.” He does not need to return to his little planet like the Little Prince, he just needs to keep his Neverland at heart, and maintain his purity as he continues his journey.

“I don’t want to stop time, time has to keep going, I don’t want to get any younger, I like my age.”


Chn – Eng: KV Chuxin Luna, Alpaca Scans: Chuxin Mango

Source : http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soumaj ; https://twitter.com/KVChuxin ; Google Image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please give your comments

[TRANS] Esquire - Chansung of 2PM Interview ( June 2017)

Man at His Best Thoughts, Words, Dreams, and Chansung Chansung thinks. And speaks accordingly. And now I have a dream, Chansung says. ...